Shipping from December 9th | Free Bookmark!
30 years ago, the season The Square Ball began, Leeds United won promotion. 20 years ago, in 1999/00, Leeds qualified for the Champions League. And it’s now 10 years since 2009/10, when we left League One behind after three lost years, making Alex Ferguson’s nose just a bit redder on the way.
The Square Ball Winter Special is a celebration of our last promotion team, a perfect read to get you ready for the run-in to crowning our next one. Unless the run is anything like it was in 2010, in which case, buckle up.
This 148 page magazine has a spine, top quality paper, and loads of great articles and artwork by TSB’s brilliant contributors.
Inside you’ll find:
- Oral histories of January 3rd at Old Trafford and May 8th at Elland Road, featuring contributions from Simon Grayson, Richard Naylor, Andrew Hughes, Michael Doyle, Casper Ankergren, Glynn Snodin, Phil Hay, Adam Pope, Paul Dews and Joe Urquhart
- Rob Conlon talks to Simon Grayson about where his side could and should have gone next
- Features on the unsung heroes of League One: Naylor, Kisnorbo, Bromby
- And players destined for greater things: Gradel, Snodgrass, Delph, Freedman
- Not forgetting Tresor Kandol, in a category all his own
- We remember Tranmere 2007, Histon 2009, and Ken Bates all the time
- And look back through the archives at pages from that season’s TSB and photos that won’t quite make you wish you were there again, but almost
- Plus plenty more we can’t fit in this description and could only just fit in this massive magazine
Everyone who orders a copy will get a free bookmark. And you’ll need it to keep your place in 148 pages.