Sorry, no. Spotify don’t support adding password protected feeds, so it won’t work with subscription podcasts like The Extra Ball. Our free podcast works just fine on Spotify, though. Just press here and it’ll open right away.
Go to this page and log in: https://www.thesquareball.net/my-account/edit-address/
Go to this page and log in: https://www.thesquareball.net/my-account/payment-methods/
If these FAQs don’t answer your question, feel free to drop us a line. We have a dedicated support system to handle all queries. When you get in touch via any of the following methods, our support system will automatically open a ticket for you, so we can track and manage your query:
- Press or click the small support icon in the bottom right corner of the page
- Go to the Support page of the site
- Drop us an email
- Contact us via Facebook Messenger
- Send us a Direct Message on Twitter
If your query is about a merchandise order, please contact the good folks at Awesome Distro. They manage and operate our merch shop. Here are their contact details, as well as delivery and returns information.
If you want to leave a WhatsApp voice memo for one of our podcasts simply follow this magic link that opens the app.
Please note that our WhatsApp number is not connected to an active phone, so you can’t call us. We only pick up the WhatsApp messages every few days. We ask that all support queries go through our dedicated support system above.
It’s straightforward process:
1. Open the Apple Podcasts app
2. Press the Library button at the bottom
3. Press Edit in the top right hand corner
4. Select Add a Show by URL…
5. Enter this in the Podcast URL box (copy and paste it from here): https://www.thesquareball.net/feed/tsb-podcast-extra-ball/
6. Enter the username and password you use on The Square Ball website. Your username is normally your email address.
Then, provided your subscription remains active, it’ll work like any other podcast in the Apple Podcasts app. As always, if you get stuck you can always drop us a message.
Pocket Casts makes things a bit more fiddly. You need to follow their instructions here: https://support.pocketcasts.com/article/password-protected-podcasts/
We’re working on easier ways to add feeds, but if you have any problems, give us a shout here.
You’ll need a subscription — from here — and this feed address:
It’ll work with the following apps:
Desktop: Apple Podcasts app for Windows and Mac. Or via The Square Ball website.
iOS: Apple Podcasts; Overcast; Downcast; Pocket Casts.
Android: Podcast Addict; Pocket Casts; Podcast Republic; BeyondPod; DoggCatcher.
Each one is slightly different, but you’re looking for an option to ‘add a new podcast’, then ‘add a podcast by url’. Then paste in the feed address, put in your username (your email address) and password, and you’ll be away. If you have any problems, drop us a line here.
The feed for The Phil Hay Show is provided by The Athletic — just search for it in any podcast app and it should come up. If you want it without adverts, you can listen in The Athletic’s own player. You can enjoy a free trial and sign up with a 50% discount here.
Merch sales — clothing, mugs, prints and the like — are handled by our very good friends Awesome Merchandise in Leeds. They have an FAQ page with email and phone contact details here.
No you did not and yes we are. And if there’s anything else, drop us a line here and we’ll get back to you.
For a typical Saturday game, we collect the magazine hot off the press on Saturday morning. Subscriber copies are sent out on Monday and Tuesday, after which it’s down to the Royal Mail, who have improved considerably since Shaun Harvey was taken off his round. If you think yours is missing, send us your details here and we’ll investigate.
The best place on matchdays is at the stadium end of the Lowfields Road tunnel, on the right hand side as you look towards the ground. We also usually have sellers at the Kop gates, outside the East Stand main entrance, and next to the lamppost outside the entrance to the club shop. If you have the exact change — £2.50 — we’ll be your best friends forever. Don’t forget you can subscribe here.
It’s normally one of these things:
1. Your subscription isn’t active. This is normally due to a failed payment for the subscription. It happens! The website will automatically suspend your access if your sub isn’t active. It can be easily rectified by making the missed payment. You can check your account status here.
2. If your account all looks ok then it’s likely the website has signed you out. This can happen occasionally due to server or software updates. This can be sorted out by deleting the podcast from your chosen podcast app and then adding it again, as per the instructions on this page.
If those steps don’t fix it then get in touch and we’ll look into it.